Bosnia and Herzegovina Railways Public Corporation
- Annex 9. of the General Framework Agreement
- Article 8. of the Agreement on the Establishment
- BHRPC is established for the mutual benefit of the Federation of BiH and the Republic of Srpska
- BHRPC consider and make decisions on:
- International railway promoter and representative
- Inter-Entity and international rail traffic
- Stakeholders involved in railway operations and infrastructure
- PIU BHRPC-Project Implementation Unit
- The structure of the railways in BiH
- Locations provided for overhaul
- Locations provided for electrification
- Locations provided for SS
- Locations provided for TT
- Locations provided for EE
With Annex 9. of the General Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina, signed in Paris on 14. December 1995, since that within the transportation sector railways constitute a specific matter and need to have their own specific structure, Federation of BiH and the Republic of Srpska have established Bosnia and Herzegovina Railways Public Corporation, abbreviated name BHRPC.
In accordance with Art. 8. of Agreement the parties shall take whatever measures are necessary so that the railway companies of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and of Republika Srpska and particulaily the infrastructure managers:
1. Act in conformity with the decisions taken by the BHRPC
2. Keep the responsibility of maintaining the railway infrastructure up to the standards required by the regulations issued by the Institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina
3. Abstain from taking any action which may be detrimental to railway traffic between the Entities
BHRPC is established for the mutual benefit of the Federation of BiH and the Republic of Srpska and its purpose is to establish an institutionalized cooperation between the Entities and to facilitate decision-making so that a smooth, safe and regular inter-Entity and international rail traffic takes place
- The allocation of train paths for inter-entity and international traffic, in a non-discriminatory manner
- The harmonization of signaling, safety, telecommunications and other systems on the railway network of the two Entities
- The setting of accounts between railway companies
- Allocation and managing with donations that are donated or borrowed
BHRPC shall act as a common international railway representative of the Entities and the new railway sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina, respecting the particular membership of the railway companies in the international organizations.
BHRPC shall examine the ways and means to improve and enhance inter-Entity and international railway traffic and shall make proposals to that effect
BHRPC performs the overall supervision of the compliance by the various actors involved in railway Infrastructure and/or operations with the regulations on inter-Entity and international traffic issued by the institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
BHRPC and Project Companies have established a railways Project Implementation Unit in BiH within the BHRPC called "PIU BHRPC"